Search
  • Andros Georgiou

Families of Astroworld victims criticise Travis Scott following first interview since tragedy.

Updated: Dec 10, 2021



"What he’s doing now is just causing people more pain"


Ten people died as a result of the crowd crush that took place during Scott’s headline set at Astroworld on November 5 and earlier this week (December 9), Scott said he has a “responsibility to figure out what happened” in his first interview since the tragedy with Charlamagne Tha God.


Scott said: “I’ve been on different types of emotions, an emotional rollercoaster, I mean,” he said. “It gets so hard because, you know, I always feel connected with my fans. I went through something and I feel like fans went through something and people’s parents went through something.


“And it really hurts. It hurts the community, it hurts the city. There’s been a lot of thoughts, a lot of feelings, a lot of grieving, and just trying to wrap my head around it.”

Now, some of the families of the victims have responded to the interview.


Speaking to Rolling Stone, the lawyer for the family of Axel Acosta, who died at the festival, criticised Scott’s response. Tony Buzbee said: “You don’t get to punt back responsibility somewhere else. These are lessons we learn as children.


“If he said, ‘I might not be solely the problem, and I’m not solely responsible but that my conduct played a part,’ that doesn’t alleviate the families of their pain, but it at least doesn’t cause any more. What he’s doing now is just causing people more pain.”


0 views0 comments